For citizens of Alberta who are disabled, the provincial government offers assistance through the Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) program. AISH payments offer a monthly living allowance and, if you have dependents, a child benefit to individuals with qualifying medical conditions. The payout amount for this program was raised to reflect the rate of inflation at the start of 2024.
AISH recipients are now eligible to receive a maximum monthly living stipend of CAD 1,787 this year. In addition, they receive other advantages that change based on their familial, medical, and financial situations. Everything you need to know about AISH is covered in detail in this page, including AISH Payment 2024 Who is Eligible?, AISH Payment Dates 2024, and How to Apply for $1,787 AISH benefit. So as per the schedule AISH December 2024 Payment Date is December 1, 2024.
What is AISH?
In 1979, the Alberta provincial government established the AISH. As the name suggests, the program’s goal is to give seriously disabled persons a steady source of income. These are people who are unable to support their family or themselves through paid employment due to a physical, mental, or cognitive impairment.
The program, which pays for a sizable amount of the costs that a person with a disability must pay, is intended to be somewhat healthy. You should remember that AISH promotes persons with disabilities to work as much as they can despite its goal of giving them a living wage. As a result, the program includes comprehensive instructions on how to combine the benefit with other sources of income.
Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped 2024 Details
|Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
|Next Payment Date
AISH Payment Dates 2024
Every month on the first (or, if the designated day is not a business day, on the final business day of the preceding month), AISH payments are disbursed. The payment details and dates for 2024 are as follows:
|December 22, 2022
|February 1, 2023
|March 1, 2023
|March 31, 2023
|May 1, 2023
|June 1, 2023
|June 30, 2023
|August 1, 2023
|September 1, 2023
|September 29, 2023
|November 1, 2023
|December 1, 2023
AISH Payment 2024 Who is Eligible?
- To be eligible for AISH Payment Amount 2024 you should be 18 years old or older.
- Old Age Security is not something you are qualified for.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Alberta or a citizen of Canada.
- You don’t reside in a mental health or prison facility.
- The primary reason that prevents you from earning a living is a chronic medical condition.
- You don’t have enough assets or income to meet the requirements.
- To keep receiving AISH Payment 2024, even after your first approval for AISH benefits, you will need to keep up with the AISH Payment 2024 Eligibility.
AISH Health Benefits Card
You can be qualified for the AISH Health Benefits Card if you receive AISH benefits. Numerous medical costs, such as prescription medications, dental care, and optical services, are covered by this card. You must be accepted into AISH and fulfill specific requirements in order to be eligible for the AISH Health Benefits Card. You can use the card you receive in the mail to obtain these advantages when you are authorized.
Steps to Apply for $1,787 AISH benefit
- AISH application form 2024 are available online, by fax, or by mail.
- The AISH application form 2024 is divided into two sections: a set of forms that you must fill out on your own and an AISH Medical Report Form that your doctor must fill out.
- Here AISH, will be liable for any fees if you are requested to pay for your doctor’s services in completing the medical report.
- AISH 2024 Apply by mail to AISH, PO Box 17000 Station Main, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4B3, if you are not applying online. As an alternative, you can fax your application to 1-877-969-3006 at that number.
- If some of the necessary documents are missing, an AISH staff member may ask for more details. You will receive a call or letter verifying your program eligibility as soon as your application is accepted
If your AISH application form 2024 is denied
You will be informed if, at any time during the screening process, you do not fit the requirements for AISH. Additional details, such as the reason you’re not qualified, resources, and an appeals procedure, will be included in a letter.
If your AISH application form 2024 is approved
In order to continue with AISH benefits, you will get a call and letter from an AISH employee if your application is approved and you meet the requirements. To complete the processing of your application, they will need certain documentation. Benefits from the date you sent AISH all the supporting material for your application will be available to you.