Last month a U.S. Judge gave the $725 million Facebook data privacy settlement his final approval and now the 30-day deadline for any challenges against the final verdict is over too. Up until August 25 of this year, Facebook users who were active on platform between 2007 and 2022 are eligible to get FB Lawsuit Claim Payment 2023. It took a little longer for Facebook users to learn the precise amount they have been reimbursed if they claimed a piece of the $725 million settlement fee that the social media platform was required to pay as part of a privacy settlement.
The settlement has got final approval from a judge before the payments can be made. So now you can check this page for Facebook Settlement Check 2023, FB Lawsuit Claim Payment Date 2023, Facebook Settlement Update, FB User Privacy Settlement Claim 2023 Eligibility. You will also get to know How to Appeal if FB Lawsuit Claim is Rejected?
Facebook Settlement Check
Over the past few weeks, half a million Americans who were expecting to get a Facebook Settlement Check from the enormous $725 million Facebook privacy settlement have been sent rejection letters. A San Francisco judge last month gave final clearance to the massive settlement, which Facebook parent company Meta consented to in order to resolve accusations that it had violated users’ privacy by sharing their data with third parties. Angeion, the corporation in charge of managing the settlement fund, is currently examining the millions of claims that it has been provided. Although it is still processing the large number of applications.
Some applications are rejected by the company throughout the application review process because they seem to be fraudulent. According to the firm, almost 500,000 of these claims have already been turned down. Those who lost out on acceptance nevertheless have hope because of a variety of mistakes, including the username you provided not matching what Facebook had on file, the email address you provided not matching the one linked to your Facebook account, the phone number you provided not matching, and others, your application may have been mistakenly tagged as fake.
FB Data Breach Settlement Claim 2023 Details
|Social Media Platform|
|Name of Company||META|
|Country||United States of America|
|Reason of Case||Data Breach by Facebook|
|Total FB Settlement Payout||$735 Million|
|Case Filed in||2018|
|Judgement Announced||10 October 2023|
|Eligible Beneficiaries||Users from USA|
|Eligible Duration||24th May 2007 to 22nd December 2022|
FB Lawsuit Claim Payment Date 2023
Facebook had reached a settlement of $725 million to resolve a class action lawsuit alleging that the social media company improperly disclosed users’ personal information to other parties. One of the third parties was Cambridge Analytica, which used the dubious data practices of the social media site to obtain information about 90 million Facebook users.
There is a lengthy waiting period before receiving paid. Any Facebook user between May 24, 2007, and December 22, 2022 might be qualified to receive a portion of the settlement money. I am still trying to get update on FB Lawsuit Claim Payment Date 2023 but there is no final date so if any i get i will update it here.
Who is eligible for a FB Settlement Payout?
Anyone who used Facebook in the United States between May 24, 2007, and December 22, 2022, according to the settlement website, is FB User Privacy Settlement Claim 2023 Eligibility. Claimants are not need to provide evidence that a third party accessed their data to get the FB Lawsuit Claim Payment 2023.
- Nearly all American Facebook users who had an account at some time between May 24, 2007, and December 22, 2022 are covered by the settlement.
- You are still eligible to Facebook Settlement Claim 2023 Payment from the settlement even if you have now deleted your Facebook account.
How Much Will I get From the FB Settlement?
- It is regrettably no longer possible for you to FB Settlement Claim Apply, if you haven’t already done so because the deadline has long since passed.
- And if you did apply on time and you are waiting for META to pay you, you should receive FB Settlement Claim payout 2023 soon
- To determine the FB Settlement Claim Payment Amount 2023 that each person will be paid, there is a points system in place; the longer you’ve had your account, the more “points” you will receive.
- However, the claims website did mention that the attorneys who worked to negotiate the settlement might pocket up to 25% of the overall sum, or more than $180 million. This would drastically lower the overall amount of money that applicants might receive.
How to Appeal if FB Lawsuit Claim is Rejected?
- Your share of the $725 million that Facebook parent company Meta has agreed to pay out to settle a class action privacy lawsuit that has been pending for five years will take a little longer to arrive.
- However, who filed a claim online or by mail before the August 25 deadline have started to get notifications that their claims have been denied for inadequately stated reasons.
- Individuals who had their claims denied were notified by email. You only have 10 days from the date of the email to contest the rejection, so you might want to check your spam and inbox folders to see if you received one of these notices.
- There are instructions in the email from the “Facebook Consumer Privacy Settlement Administrator” on how to file an appeal after being rejected. To update or clarify information on file, you will need to complete an online form.
- You should be on the lookout for such an email, even if you were not one among the 500,000 people who were just rejected. Yours might be one of the millions of claims that Angeion still has to go through.