Getting a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) can be a booster dose in your career if you are a foreign student studying in Canada. After completing your studies, you can get work experience in Canada through the PGWP, this is a great opportunity that can improve your employability, increase your skills, and possibly even pave the way for permanent residence in Canada.
So now i will guide you about PGWP Canada Extension 2024 so check this page. If you want to know about how to Apply for PGWP and What is the Processing Time? then you should refer this article written by me. So now i can assure you that People with PGWP expiring can now apply to extend their work permit.
What is PGWP Canada?
Any foreign student who completes their studies in Canada may apply for a post-graduate work permit, this is known as a Canada work permit. The student will be able to work as many hours as they like in Canada for any business or organization with this permit. A PGWP Canada work permit 2024 typically has a duration of eight months to three years. Later in this article, i will discuss how you can Apply for PGWP Extension 2024 so stay informed.
A student’s post-graduate work permit in Canada is only good for the length of their academic program. The course has to run for at least eight months in order to get a PGWP Canada then only you will get it. The Post Graduate Work Permit has a maximum duration of three years in Canada. If you are a recent graduate of a designated learning institution (DLI) and wish to work temporarily in Canada, you may be eligible for a post-graduate work permit.
PGWP Extension 2024
It is now possible for those whose Post Graduation Work Permits (PGWP) are set to expire in 2023 to apply for an extension or renewal. On there official website, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has shared more details about the application process for PGWP holders seeking an extension.
Holders of PGWP work permits that expire between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022, will get an 18-month one-time extension. Generally if i say, an PGWP Extension 2024 is not possible but because of the protracted break in Express Entry draws, Canada is an exception.
Many high-scoring candidates were left in the pool unable to apply due to the pause in draws for non-PNP candidates and the pause following the implementation of the National Occupation Classification 2021. The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score for all program draws remained abnormally high due to the top-heavy candidate pool.
People with PGWP expiring can now apply to extend their work permit.
Post-graduation work permits will share to the applicant who is graduated from a Canadian organization. The new rule came in effective from September 1, 2023. This will not affect the subsidized colleges and universities of the provincial government. In the event that your Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) expires in 2023, or if it has already expired between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022, you will get an additional 18-month open work permit.
The applicant who this permit, if your PGWP is expired or are about to expire this year then you can Apply for PGWP Canada Extension 2024 as of April 6, 2023. Those who were eligible for the prior PGWP extension and whose status was scheduled to expire between the said period, are also subject to get extension.
Who can get PGWP Extension 2024?
- Foreign students if your Post-Graduation Work Permit has expired or is scheduled to expire in 2023 you may apply as of April 6th, 2023, for an up to 18-month status extension.
- Even after the ninety-day restoration period has passed, those students PGWPs have expired can still restore their status.
- They will be issued an interim work authorization while their new work permit application is being processed.
- Furthermore, work permit extensions are now possible for individuals whose PGWP expired between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022, allowing them to stay in Canada for an extra 18 months.
- While their permit is being renewed or extended, those who are currently in Canada will be able to continue working.
Steps to Apply for PGWP and What is the Processing Time?
- Browse the official website for PGWP Canada and then fill the PGWP Canada Application Form 2024
- Check that all of your documentation, such as your passport, study permit, letter of completion, and other identity documents, are correct and current. Delays or rejections could arise from any mistakes or discrepancies.
- Documents verifying your program completion, like your diploma, degree, or official letter from your school, should be submitted.
- Make the PGWP Canada Application Form 2024 fee and press on submit.